Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mod Monkey Attire

I wanted Ian to have a special birthday outfit, but I didn’t know what I wanted to do. I thought about appliqués and I saw some really sweet personalized Onesies online. I figured that would probably be the way to go. So I did some designing and made some Onesies. I had to test it out before I made the official shirt, so I made these.

DSC_4844DSC_4845DSC_4846DSC_4847

I think they turned out darling! And here is the OFFICIAL BABY BIRTHDAY SHIRT:

DSC_4848

DSC_4849

Can I just say I am loving the whole Mod Monkey theme?! I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to keep my house decorated with it for awhile…okay maybe not. But it’s still cute!

I also decided that I wanted to fit in with the whole monkey movement, so I whipped up a little something for myself.

DSC_4878 DSC_4881 DSC_4882

I know, it’s been a year and there’s still baby chub on there. Pay no attention to that!

I used a pattern I got at JoAnn’s for a buck. It’s not my favorite, but all the other apron patterns were gone. Are you kidding?! At $.99 I’m lucky I got one at all! Still, I think it turned out pretty cute and I love the fabric. Come on! Does it get more Camie than this?!DSC_4927

I think not!

And sibling rivalry doesn’t exist in this house. Nope. Not one bit! My oldest child was not super dooper jealous of all the attention and preparations being made for his baby brother’s party. No. He didn’t try to squeeze his way into one of the Onesies I made. Not a chance.

Okay, can you sense the sarcasm here?

So I made him a shirt of his very own.

DSC_4900 DSC_4901

No comments: