Saturday, April 24, 2010

Bad Day For Diets

I made such a delicious and nutritious dinner tonight!

Okay, maybe not so nutritious, but oh so delicious!

Bubble Pizza

  • 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
  • 1 jar pizza sauce
  • 2 tubes refrigerator biscuits
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Brown beef and drain. Stir in pizza sauce and let it simmer. Cut the biscuits into quarters and place in a greased 13”x9” baking dish. Top with beef mixture and bake uncovered for 20 minutes at 400 F. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 5-10 minutes more until cheese is bubbly.

DSC_4887

How do you say YUMMY?! The answer is Bubble Pizza. It really is so good and I’m sure you could add different toppings along with the beef, but we’re purists here.

I only made a half batch, since hubster is at work tonight. And as we were enjoying the deliciousness, a thought occurred to me.

What if I made the same thing only with cinnamon and sugar.

AND Cee Cee’s version of Monkey bread was born.

(Did I just sound like a Windows 7 commercial?)

Here is what I did.

Took the extra can of refrigerator biscuits and cut them into quarters, just like before. Then I rolled them in about 1/3 cup sugar and 1 TBSP cinnamon. I greased a 8”x8” pan and placed them in, much like the pizza. Then I took about 2 TBSP butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar, some of my cinnamon/sugar mixture from before and a teaspoon or so of water and boiled it in the microwave. Then I poured it over the biscuits and bakes at 400 F for 18 minutes.

DSC_4895DSC_4896

(How do I get the heavenly angel music to play?)

AHHHHHHH! So good. I know you want some. Come on over, hope there’s still some when you get here!

No comments: