Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Itty Bitty Baby Dress

I have a problem.  It’s a big one too.
I have been surrounded by nothin’ but boys all my life.
3 brothers, then a husband, then 2 sons.
So you could say I’ve pretty much got a handle on the whole male situation.
Well, now that Little Miss is on the way, well, a crapload of opportunity has opened up for me.
No seriously.
Headbands, bows, flower clips, dresses, pink stuff.
And it’s everywhere!
And I can not control myself!!
It’s all so adorable and yummy!
So prepare yourselves, friends, for a rapid-fire of girly goodness coming right at ya!
It all started with the quilt.
Remember??
And now I’ve made a dress.
Not only a dress, but a tiny dress.
Teeny tiny adorable dress.
Have you ever been to Made By Rae?
Go there.
Now.
She has a FREE pattern for said itty bitty dress.
And also a ton of pictures and cuteness.
And it was so easy!
I made it in less than an hour, start to finish.
Ridiculous.
Okay enough talk.
Wanna see it??!?!?
DSC_8302
**SQQQEEEAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!**
No really, it’s pretty stinkin’ cute.
The pattern calls for 1/2 yd of fabric, but I had 1/4 yd of this adorable Hello Kitty stuff that I bought recently just because I couldn’t resist the cuteness.
DSC_8305
(See, I told you I have a problem!)
So I used a pink I had for the lining and made it a little shorter than the pattern.
Which is alright because my next project is gonna be an adorable pair of ruffle bottomed bloomers to go underneath.


DSC_8314
 DSC_8315  
DSC_8316
Just try and resist snuggling a little baby in this dress!!

THANKS SO MUCH TO RAE FOR THE AMAZING PATTERN!!!  YOU ROCK!!!
(Also pretty sweet name, don’t you think? )

3 comments:

Jena said...

Adorable!

Stephanie said...

That is so cute! I am so happy you are having a girl. I hope to keep following in your footsteps someday :)

Rae said...

Aw that is totally cute!!!