Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentine’s Day Wreath

I was browsing through one of my favorite blogs and saw this little beauty. 


And I decided it might be a fun little project.
Plus my door has been looking a little naked since I took down my autumn wreath.
I know, I need a Christmas wreath.
All in good time.
ANYWAY, so I went to the dollar store and found a floral form.
 DSC_3344
And went to Wal-mart and bought some $1 Valentine’s Day ribbon.  And I wrapped it around the form and hot glued the ends down.
 DSC_3346
Then I took some cupcake liners and went crazy!
FYI: IMPOSSIBLE to find cute cupcake liners in a small town.  I made due with what I could get my hands on.
DSC_3364
I followed her directions pretty closely and worked in sections.  Instead of bunching them up, though, I sort of wrapped the liners around a chopstick (See that green stick in the background?) and then pressed it into a dab of hot glue.  I found it a lot less brutal on my poor burnt fingers.  Plus I could press the liner slightly into the form, which kind of gave it a more secure feel.DSC_3403
And I just worked my way around.  I also put them on the outside of the form, which makes it nice and puffy.
Then I sprayed some adhesive on the liners and poured a whole bunch of red glitter all over the thing.  It was magical.
I then made a sort of flower out of a couple liners and glued it on.  Then I tied a bow out of some thin ribbon and glued it in the center of the flower.
I glued some ribbon across the back and tied it in a bow and hung it on the door.
 DSC_3404
I think it turned out super cute, even though I wasn’t a huge fan of the liners I got.  Fun colors and a fast little project.
DSC_3406
A huge thanks to Jen over at Tatertots and Jello for this super fun project!  She’s pretty awesome, just so ya know.

No comments: