Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Candy Bottles



I was up home at my parent's house and Valentine's Day was fast approaching.  I saw this post and thought it was an awesome idea to make for them.

I had no supplies so I had to go shopping at the limited stores over there, but I think I made it work.

So here's the before:


And here's the final product: 

It was really fun trying to make this and make it work with what I had.

I spray painted the case, inside and out.  Then I decorated the CRAP out of it!  
I cut labels for each bottle out of black paper and then used ribbon and felt to decorate them.

I chose three snacks for my mom, and three for my dad, as so indicated by the black and pink ribbons.
I tried to think of cute little sayings to go with each snack.





All in all it was a super fun idea! And a blast to make.
The only downside was trying to drink all the soda that came in the bottles...


 A perfect idea for someone who's hard to buy for.  And it doesn't just have to be for Valentine's Day! This would work for a birthday, maybe even Father's Day!  The possibilities are endless!!

So thanks again to Becca over at Nap Time Journal for the super fantastic idea!  If you haven't been to her blog, stop what you're doing right now and go!  She's awesome.

No comments: