Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner Place Cards

I wanted to make out little Thanksgiving dinner a bit more formal this year. I made a beautiful centerpiece and decided we needed place cards as well. I found a cute idea here and decided to dive in. Here's how mine came together. I used:

Colored Cardstock
Patterned paper
Ribbon
Small letter stickers
1.5"x2" Photos
adhesive

Here's how you get the job done:

Cut the card stock into 4" x 9.5" pieces

Score them at 2.5", 5" and 7.5"
Fold and adhere them into triangles
Cut the patterned paper to 4" x 2.5"
Cut some card stock pieces to 4" x 1" Adhere card stock to patterned paper.
Add the names with small letter stickers.
(I had to mat a couple of the names because I bought the same color stickers as paper. Oops!)
Cover the seams with coordinating ribbon. Or contrasting ribbon, however you like it!
Mat the little photos with cardstock

Adhere the pictures to the patterned paper and add the assembled pieces to one side of the triangles.
They turned out so adorable and we'll be able to use them for years and years.

Well, some of them will need to be updated, obviously...

No comments: