Thursday, May 10, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Gift

This week was teacher appreciation week at Izacc's school.  
It kind of snuck up on us, in fact, I had no clue until he brought the paper home with the details for the week...on Tuesday. 
No big deal.  To Pinterest I went, as I do in most crunch time situations...or party situations...or, well, let's be honest here, I really don't need an excuse to go there because I do on a daily basis.  But having an excuse to be wasting my time is always good.  Ahem.  Anyway I found a sweet blog called Kim's Kandy Kreations and it had the perfect last minute and cheap cost effective project.  And it was cute.  And it had a free printable!
And so we made this little bad boy.  And by we, of course, I mean ME.
So cute, am I right?  And oh so easy.
 Kim has got a pretty great tutorial and I stuck to it for the most part.  But I did line the can with fabric before gluing the crayons on.
And I made a few yo-yos and glued them on the front, you know, just to sissy-fy it up a touch.

 He was pretty excited to give it to her and I was pleased with how it turned out.  
Hooray for awesome fast projects!  And thanks to Kim for the inspiration!!

No comments: