Monday, October 4, 2010

How To Use 50+ Apples

DSC_7150DSC_7156DSC_7155DSC_7157DSC_7164DSC_7158


The carnage was everywhere.


My kitchen has still not fully recovered.


But I put up 6 quarts of apple pie filling and 6 pints of applesauce.


DSC_7227

DSC_7228

DSC_7229


I just love how yellow and cheery these little jars of happiness are!


To make the pie filling, I used this recipe. And I added more cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and allspice, just to taste.


To make the applesauce:


I peeled most of the apples.


I cored them and cut them with an apple slicer, into 8 pieces.


I put them in about 4 cups of water.


I boiled them and boiled them and boiled them until they were super mushy.


I picked some of the skins out and then decided to give up on that.


I pureed them in my food processor.


I added some ascorbic acid to aid in the yellowness.


That's it. No sugar, no cinnamon. It is pure deliciousness.


Yum yum!


I made jar tags and printed them on sticker paper.


TADA!


Yummy, I can’t wait to make some apple crisp on a cold day!

No comments: