Friday, September 17, 2010

Bikini Bread



Ah sweet deliciousness! I was jealous of everyone's zucchini abundance, so I went to the store and bought some. Bikini (banana-zucchini, get it?) bread is my most favorite treat. And since I'm on the cursed diet, I can't have a lot of treats. So here's the recipe I use, feel free to alter it to fit your needs and desires. I'm sure chocolate chips would be fantastic in it, but you know, I'm just sayin...

BIKINI BREAD
3 eggs, beaten
2 cups splenda
1 cup applesauce (or oil)
1 cup dry milk
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbps vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini
31/2 cups wheat flour
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups mashed bananas
1 tsp lemon juice


Grease 2 9"x5"x3" loaf pans (I ended up using 3). In a bowl, combine eggs, splenda, oil, milk, baking soda and vanilla. Stir in zucchini and mix well. In a seperate bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Add to zucchini mixture and mix well. Add bananas and lemon juice and mix some more. Dived into pans and bake at 350 f for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. (I sprinkled some wheat germ on mine before I put them in the oven, you know, just for good measure.)

It's super yummy, you won't regret it!!



It seriously doesn't last long around here, seeing as how I baked these at midnight last night and this picture was taken at, uh, 10 am...

No comments: